I was in tears on the phone to my mom the other day and my dad was so sweet to go to the store and bring this to me. I despise the taste of hot tea of any kind but nonetheless, I'm downing this stuff. At the advice of my midwife, I drank the Traditional Medicinals tea that is supposed to help with post partum bleeding my last month of pregnancy and I truly believe it helped. My midwife and all of the nurses were commenting on how quickly my uterus contracted back down.
Hmm, I really should consider adding some fresh berries to mine ... oatmeal. Another thing I despise. This time, the advice came from Berkeley's pediatrician and preferring natural remedies, I now eat at least two bowls a day.
Ok, don't freak out. I'm not intoxicating my child. My brother-in-law told me that wheat beer is supposed to be great for nursing mothers and their supply. I have found it to be the best remedy of the three!
Now that it's out there, I have to say that admitting this struggle through this post is very hard for me. I feel vulnerable. I fear having to stop nursing. In the beginning, I wanted to nurse for a year but now, I'll be blown away if I make it to her half birthday. Like many mothers, I feel that sense of failure and inadequacy as Berkeley's mom. I know that in the grand scheme of things, this whole ordeal is trivial. But please pray that I would be able to continue bonding with her and nourishing her in this way.




1 comment:
I just found this post and I wanted to let you know that you're not alone! I've found that almost every nursing mom goes through this at some point. If she's still putting on weight and having 6 wet diapers a day - you're fine! We are just so used to having so much and our bodies have finally have figured out how to make just what she needs, no more, no less that you feel empty. You're doing everything right, eating enough, drinking enough, expressing after she's done, and your other remedies. Hang in there!
Post a Comment