Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Pizza - Grilled Style!
Ok, so pizza on the grill is amazingly easy and absolutely delish. It's quicker than the oven and also great for summer because I hate running the oven when it's so blasted hot! Either make your dough or you can use a pound of frozen bread dough. When it's thawed out, I like to throw on oregano, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, whatever else and knead that into the dough. Flavor is a good thing. Experiment. Don't be afraid. Heat your grill on a very low heat. Too high and your pizza will burn. Brush some olive oil onto the grill grate to prevent the stickage. When the grill is warmed up, throw that dough right on there. Shut lid, let it bake a bit. When one side is done, flip it and then proceed to top with the goods. I just did a traditional red sauce with pepperoni and beef and a mixture of different cheeses. My mom often does a white sauce with grilled chicken, artichoke, tomato, whatever. It is super good. Anyhoo (or anywho? how do you spell it?), after the toppings are on, shut it and wait till dough is done throughout. That's it. Easy. And back to that making your own dough thing. I moseyed on into Thrift World the other day and grabbed a bread machine, brand new looking, plastic layers over the screen and buttons and all, cord wrapped up. $2.98. That is how I shop.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Your kitchen looks cute!
it's such fun to see you 2 enoying your home...nice to have a grill back in use and all of that. :o)
Glory that sounds good!! I will try it!
And I loved seeing your beautiful backyard and kitchen in the background-so cute!!
$2.98 is AWESOME! I love goodwill and thrift stores!
I should hire you to thrift shop for me!!! Grilled pizza has become a regular event in the summer time for us too.
Post a Comment