Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Here are some pictures from our camping trip. John is the photographer/videographer in the family. He really enjoys it and I love that he does! Plus I don't have to worry about doing it and I can just enjoy whatever we're doing.








Millie Voth - affectionately called Mildredge by Dave.
She is such a sweet dog and makes me want one, which
goes against everything I have said in the past!


our humble abode






Don't let the lack of drink in mom's hand fool you ;o)





'
Our personal chef, Jett. This guy is amazing. He made biscuits
and gravy and eggs, fried rice and chicken skewers, "bomblettes"
(omelettes in zip lock bags), and many other yummy treats.







Ok, so us ladies go for scary ghost story hikes late at night.
You would not believe how we freak ourselves out. We
literally ran back to camp screaming like school girls. This
is Samara Morgan's well, for those of you who are familiar
with the movie The Ring.


The beautiful heartland of the good old U.S.A.




this looks like some piece of abandoned farming equipment


Real family graveyard from the 1800's - the destination of
one of our haunted hikes.


I like this picture.


Some of these headstones are for children who
died as infants, one at 7 years old and one at
19 years old.





Unfortunately, I think our camping trips are done until spring :o(
The rest of the fall is just too busy and we can't find a time to go
while the weather is still tolerable. Our Christmas lists will definitely
include some more camping gear and I think we will be fully prepared
to be "professionals". Can't wait!!

5 comments:

Anneliese said...

your trip looks super! and i appreciate that you are bundled up. makes it seem that much more fun. knowing you are warm :) where were you camping?

John and Teresa said...

we camped at Waubonsie State Park. it's a great little place!

Ted & Alicia said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Thanks for posting all the pictures!

Maryclayre Dick said...

Thanks for the pictures! It looks like you had a great time!

I know what you mean about the dog, last week I met a cocker spaniel mixed with a poodle...and so....now of course I want one! haha

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Looks FUN!