Berkeley is doing spectacularly awesome and is a 2 year old chocked full of energy and hilariousness. Most recently, she has said things to us like "thanks anyway" and when I asked her one day if she wanted to get dressed, she responded with "in a few minutes." In January, we found out that our family was growing and we are over the moon excited to welcome our baby in mid September. Berkeley loves putting her face right up to my belly and showing him/her things. She held up a pair of baby boots and said "see, baby. these are your boots!" I am 13 weeks today and just like last time, I seriously woke up on this morning feeling SO SO much better. One of my pregnancy side effects is something called dysgesia, which is a constant metallic taste in the mouth. It pretty much makes me want to eat all the time in an effort to rid my mouth of the taste. But as soon as the food is down and settled, its there again. As a result of my first trimester binge, I'm already up 10 pounds. Lovely. On the bright side, I started this pregnancy 15 pounds lighter than I started my first pregnancy. I also have WAY more energy this time than I did with her. I was worried it would be just the opposite since I'm caring for a toddler. But I've found that standing on my feet for 8 hours, 5 days a week was the culprit last time and pretty brutal. This time, I get to rest when she rests and that's been wonderful. I'm loving the 3 years in between my babies! We wanted at least that and I think it's going to be great. I'm also excited about having one more summer with just her!
I'll get to more blogging later but for now, pictures! I have so many going back, and it's hard to choose just a handful!
September, being silly with the glasses from Tim & Robin's wedding
the pic we used for her birthday party invitation
another curly hair pic from September. Her hair is so much
longer now and the curls are still hanging on!
daddy loving some toenail painting time with his princess.
October, annual family pumpkin patch trip!
family pics
her "little hoot" birthday party.
this was just us celebrating on her actual birthday, October 15.
hard to believe my angel is TWO. actually, 2 1/2 next month!
we took a few days after her birthday and had a getaway in Kansas City.
we had such a great time! this was at Kaleidoscope, a hands on kids museum
affliliated with Hallmark.
American Girl store, my dream come true. we purchased some things
and packed it away for when she gets her doll in a few years.
at a pumpkin patch in Overland Park
apple picking in St. Joseph
her new Doc McStuffins doctor kit on Christmas morning!
our tree was in the process of being taken down here, so it looks
very Charlie Brown-ish! we realized we didn't get a family pic in
front on the tree so we quickly put her Christmas dress on and set
the timer.
these two saved the day when a pregnancy craving came
on and treated me to Peachwave.
we entered a contest at Babie 'R Us and won! lots of things
for our new little lovey bug.
Valentine's date to Qdoba.
with some of her Valentine's gifts. she had seen this leopard
at Michael's a few days before so I ran back to surprise her with it.
the tag says her name is Glamour. Berkeley decided Mia was more
fitting. such a big kid :)
at our first appointment with the midwife! we didn't go in until
11 weeks because we were contemplating delivering at a birthing
center. discovering that our insurance wasn't accepted at the
center made our decision a little easier.
making Saturday morning waffles on the coldest weekend of the year.
it was dreadful! we didn't leave the house at all on Saturday or Sunday.
and just some cuteness in the car this morning on our
way to The Mama Bunch. I was trying to show her
glittery shoes that she now fits in that she received
for St. Nicholas Day!


















No comments:
Post a Comment