Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2014

a little spring joy

we move the end of this week and I sit with really nothing left to do!  packing was kind of a breeze and actually, I really quite enjoyed it.  I was told packing with a toddler would be horrendous but she was quite the helper.  and when she didn't want to be, I saved packing for evenings when she was down for the night.  I'm thankful I have felt more energy during this pregnancy so I can just enjoy the energy that this little lady has!  folks, she is so. much. fun.  at age 2 1/2, she makes me just never want to stop having babies!  she is a spitfire and the journal I am writing for her is almost FULL of the hilarious things she is saying.  since I can't share an entire journal, here are a few things she has said or has been saying lately:  for some time now when curious about things she says "what's that, my daddy?".  the other day, she was not wanting to have her stinky diaper changed and wanted to go to the park.  I said, "we can't go to the park until you let me change your diaper" and she said "oh, wonderful.  I'd be happy to."  although suddenly, it seems as though she is starting to potty train herself.  time will tell.  yesterday while eating our saturday morning pancakes she said to me "can I have some more, dear?"  she said to her cousins when their mom left, "your mommy just left.  don't you miss her?!"  she is really getting into pretend play and frequently wants her and I to act out Anna and Elsa lines from Frozen.


March 20, we had a gorgeous day and made popsicles!


waiting patiently for them to be ready ...



gorgeous little morning beauty


we went on a girls retreat with our small group to a lake house in Missouri the last weekend in March.  it worked out perfectly because our house was just listed at the same time.  not having a toddler in the house made for keeping it neat and tidy and by the time we returned, SOLD sign was in the yard!  God's timing is perfect.

skipping rocks.  or throwing, rather.


Berkeley and her friend Lily who is a year younger.  She really looks out for her.  At the Mama Bunch, she always makes sure Lily doesn't get overlooked and gets her snack.  what a great big sis she will be!  although we had a phase when she was really rough with Lily.  fortunately we are passed it!


evening bonfire


and then there was egg dyeing



and naps to be had wherever we landed ...


and hunting for eggs.


and cheap-chocolate consumption.


and baby check-ups!


I can't believe how well she understands that there's a baby inside of me.  SO great to listen to her sweet talk her baby sibling, whom she's named Sven (a little too much Frozen?) or Kaylee (her friend's baby sister's name).


and cousins!  12 pictured.  1 in utero.


we love SELFIES!


I have cried quite a bit about leaving our house.  I'm just sentimental about things and places and memories.  we did a video tour and I made sure I had pictures of her room, which I am most sentimental about leaving.  this is the room I first brought her to when we arrived home from the hospital.  the room I spent all hours of the night feeding her, rocking her, crying, laughing, watching milestones happen (crawling, standing, walking), getting puked on.  you name it.  a lot has happened in this room.


helping daddy finish up painting the new siding.


she adores this man, her king and her first love


she sits on our laps all the time and suddenly decided she wanted to try it out with daddy as her test subject.


a mommy/daughter photo shoot at her request.  wish I could photoshop out that binky!




last saturday morning pancakes in our first house!


mother's day gifts.  these guys make my world a very wonderful place to be.  so blessed to be living life with them.



No comments: