Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

we've been in our new house since mid May and love it!  it was emotional leaving our little old house for all three of us.  Berkeley still talks about it and just the other day as we went through the intersection closest to it, she pointed to where it is and said, "there's our old house!"  smart as a whip. the first night, we all had a big chunk of time in the middle of the night that we didn't sleep well.  she laid there in bed with us pretty quietly but piped up once, "is this my new house?"  me: "yes, it is."  B: "and this is my daddy?"  me: "yes."  B: "and you're my mommy?" me: "yes, I'm still your mommy!"  then you giggled with contentment and dozed back off to sleep.  so sweet that she just had to make sure all else in her life remained the same.  she decided she wanted to be potty trained a week before we moved and is mostly trained now, still with a lot of our help reminding her to go.  several weeks back she didn't do as well and when I asked her if she needed to go potty, her response was, "hmm, I'll just go on the floor."  she went through a short phase of wanting her privacy and would say either "just leave" or "just go", and then would yell from the bathroom, "I'm just having my privacy!"

she is friendly as can be and introduces herself everywhere we go.  if another child doesn't talk back to her when she tries to make conversation, she either says "hey, talk to me." or "she not talk to me, mom."  when we go to the park and she sees a kid, she says, "look, there's a kid swinging!  she can be my friend!  I'm so happy!"  she organizes the other kids' shoes at the park and announces to them where they are when they need them.  she wrinkles her nose with a sassy smile when told how cute she is.

last week when I told her how special God made her, she said "God made you special too, mom."  while running errands, she was pointing out all of the letter M's on store signs (Office Max, TJ Maxx, etc) and would say, "there's a letter M, for mommy!"

lately she wants to name the baby Mommy Teresa.  one day last week, she woke up and was adamant all day that she no longer wanted the baby.  when asked why, she responded, "because you're MY momma."

the other day, we were hanging a large mirror and as I was holding it up, I asked her to run to a certain place in the house and grab a dust rag.  she had the stud finder and was busy at work with it, making it beep, sighing, grunting at all her hard work.  when I asked her to get it, she said "I'm just ... I'm just doing this."  after another 10 seconds, she sighed with relief and said "ok, mom, I'm done." and ran to get the rag.  probably something you had to see and hear but it was so cute and funny!

I am madly in LOVE with this girl.

last bath in her first house

loves her tree in the old house.  soon to be replicated.

 pizza in the new house on moving day.  this is her not wanting me to get a good picture.


this is how craft time goes these days

and brownie making time

celebrating daddy's birthday

fun at Mahoney State Park


momma was a little freaked out by this, but I trust Claire more than most adults.  plus, you know, the life jacket.

 more baking time with mommy


 fun in the sun




No comments: