Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 21, 2015

the last days of summer

I love August and the mixture of hot and cool days.  We had what was possibly our last swim and then we were suddenly enjoying open windows, sweatshirts and kids in their new flannel footy jammies.  Even though we are not into the thick of schooling yet, I love the structure that fall activity brings.  We've had our lazy summer, and now it's on to new things.  




waiting for food.  he says "keep it comin', mom!"


he will be 11 months on Sunday and officially has two weeks from that point to start walking in order to tie his sister.  no pressure, bud!


R is outgrowing his infant car seat any minute now, so it made sense to move him to hers instead of buying his new.  which meant she got a new seat and she is loving it.  after I obsessively researched for months, I let her pick out which print she wanted.  




during our two day monsoon, I let her bring her power wheels inside and he enjoyed following her around.



he loves hiding in my clothes lately.  he also this week started signing more and all done and turns his body around to go downstairs!  all this time, they are learning but its fun to SEE him retaining information.  I know year two is the fun explosion of development and I'm pretty excited to witness it again.


pony rides at our neighborhood picnic


turned the corner to find them enjoying a snack


the things that keep him busy ... I gave him her empty fruit pouch and he sucked on it for the entire hour of shopping.


No comments: