Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

growing pains

the last week since John went back to work has been rough in the area of the older sibling adjusting.  I feel so bad for her and so much guilt, yet I know it's normal and a growing pain that nearly everyone has to endure.  I have cried buckets!  but I have been assured by many that it will pass!  it's not that I didn't expect it, I just didn't expect it to take the forms it has.  I am glad to know that we are normal but I am feeling so overwhelmed at helping her cope and adjust.  

today, Roman is 2 weeks old and God has given me the gift of a very easy going day!  baby was awake and content so I laid him down to hang out while I went to put Berkeley down for a nap.  she was still pretty wired and seemed far from a sleepy state but I asked her to please stay in bed while I checked on her brother and assured her that I would come back to snuggle.  I went to find that Roman had put himself to sleep and went back to her room to find her out like a light also!  not everyday will be such a breeze but I will gladly take one, Lord.  thank you!

I love baby feet ...


Roman's first "game day" at 4 days old


daddy and son watching their first of many games together.  Nebraska won over Illinois, 45-14.


I love this series of pictures ...




John's parents brought flowers in the vase that John received as a baby.  now, to tuck that away for Roman's first born :)


bedtime story





I took pictures of Berkeley at each month milestone in our rocking chair.  This is his newborn one (taken at 10 days old because I forgot), which doesn't look very newborn to me!


four generations


I LOVE this stage of being able to put him down nearly wherever and he doesn't move.  this is Roman hanging out in our entryway while I swept the floor.


this is Roman being protected on the bathroom counter from big sister while I got ready this morning.


hope you enjoyed a look into our not-so-perfect life :)


No comments: